About the Ohio Mid-Eastern Governments Association
OMEGA is a collaborative body of member governments that serves as a facilitator between state and federal government agencies and local entities to provide opportunities in economic and community development through networking, education, planning, research, and allocation of resources.
OMEGA’s main objective is to foster a cooperative effort in planning, development and implementation of local and regional plans, programs and projects which will increase the economic activity in the area and improve the quality of life of its citizens.
Included in its activities, OMEGA:
- Researches government grant-in-aid programs to identify the proper funding source for projects.
- Provides planning assistance to local governments in preparing applications.
- Studies regional services and facilities affecting health, safety, welfare, human resources, education, economics, population, housing, land use and development.
- Administers a district-wide comprehensive economic development plan.
- Promotes cooperative arrangements among its members, other governmental agencies, private persons, corporations or agencies.